Studio 6.03A St Margaret's House, 151 London Road
Artisan Stitch was founded in 2015 to provide expert sewing tuition and creative textiles art workshops for adults and children. It started in the beautiful coastal village of Cockenzie, East Lothian but is now based in Studio 6.03A St Margaret’s House, 151 London Road, Edinburgh.
Jen Skedd is a degree-trained textile designed and lifelong sewist. She obtained an HND in Stitched Textiles and Fashion from Edinburgh College. Then she studied Textile Design BA (Hons) at Heriot Watt University, Galashiels campus in the Scottish Borders. This was the former Scottish College of Textiles and is renowned world-wide for excellence in textiles.
In Jen’s final year she sold knitwear designs to Italian Fashion label Valentino. Jen has also sold embroidery work and exhibits widely with the Embroiderers Guild and Group Twelve Textile Artists.
- Overlockers - Online One-to-One tutorial - Wednesday 27/05/2020 - 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
- Rags to Bags - postponed - Friday 29/05/2020 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Beginners sewing day (postponed) - Saturday 30/05/2020 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Overlockers - Online One-to-One tutorial - Wednesday 03/06/2020 - 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
- Beginners Sewing Course - Thursday 04/06/2020 - Thursday 25/06/2020 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Free Motion Embroidery (postponed) - Friday 05/06/2020 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Cushions – Zips & Piping - Friday 12/06/2020 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Curtain-making - Friday 19/06/2020 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Summer school: Beginners Intensive Sewing course - Wednesday 15/07/2020 - Friday 17/07/2020 - All Day
- Summer School: Introduction to Dressmaking - Wednesday 22/07/2020 - Friday 24/07/2020 - All Day
- Summer School: Better Dressmaking Sewing Course - Wednesday 29/07/2020 - Friday 31/07/2020 - All Day
- Summer school: Introduction to Pattern Cutting - Wednesday 05/08/2020 - Friday 07/08/2020 - All Day