Creative machine embellishing. How to use your embellisher machine to make textile art.
Beginners -Improvers. If you've only just got an embellisher, or if you've had one for a while but haven't got past the most basic projects, then this is the class for you. You must be able to bring your own embellisher machine.
When can I book
Oops, you've just missed this. Check again soon for more dates.
Creative machine embellishing will teach you how to use your embellishing machine in ways you've probably not explored yet. Embellishers are also known as felting machines, and they work using barbed needles to 'felt' fabrics and fibres. You can create interesting coloured and textured surfaces to use on their own, or as a base for free-motion embroidery.
Who is this aimed at?
Anyone who hasn't been able to fully-exploit the creative potential in needlefelting using their embellisher machine.
What will I learn?
Lots of ways to make different needlefelted surfaces for textile art and decorative projects:
- how to use wool roving to add decoration to clothes
- making felt fabric from merino wool tops
- add texture to non-wool fabrics
- add decoration to plain chiffon scarfs
- creating new fabrics from fabric and felt scraps, and thread trimmings
- creating braids and trims
- how embellishing machines can be used to make surfaces as a base for hand or machine embroidery
- easy felting project: how to make a needlebook using needle-felting.
You will need to bring your own embellisher machine. Please also remember the power cable/foot control, instruction manual, accessories and tools, and spare needles. If you do not bring these things and there is a problem with your machine during the class, then you may not be able to continue as spare parts are not available in the studio.
Some materials will also be provided but you are welcome to supplement these by bringing your own to personalise your felting projects. I'll provide a list of suggested materials when you book.
Embellishing machines are available from Pembertons Sewing Machine Centre.