2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
If you’d like to learn to sew, but aren’t able to attend classes at the moment, then why not take a video tutorial to get you started? Or are you having problems with your machine or a sewing project?
Here’s a list of just some of the things I can help with in a personal video tutorial:
- Introduction to sewing machines (Know what all the parts do, how to wind bobbins, thread it and obtain the correct tension)
- sewing different types of seams and hems, and knowing which is the best one for the fabric you’re using
how to put in a zip, or sew a buttonhole using your sewing machine
how to sew in a sleeve, add a pocket, add a collar, or any of the hundreds of other techniques
how to choose the best size of pattern and adjust the fit
- Overlockers – threading and getting correct tension
- Overlockers – Basic edging and seaming operations, advanced techniques using 2, 3 & 4 threads
- How to get started with free-motion embroidery
- Projects to make on your embellisher machine
The tutorial will be held online from the comfort and safety of your own home. You’ll need to have your machine ready, and a camera (phone, laptop, or tablet), and have your fabrics and equipment nearby. I’ll let you know what you’ll need before hand.
How to request a private tutorial: If you’d like to book this appointment, then please send me an e-mail jen@artisan stitch.co.uk to let me know what you’d like to learn, or what you’re having a problem with. I can let you know how long it might take (if more or less than 1 hour) . Then you can either book this session, or we can arrange another according to what’s required.
Any level: just let me know what help you need.
Studio 6.03A St Margaret's House, 151 London Road
Bookings are closed for this event.